Four years ago I was wife with no children, working a full time office job and my latest toy was a new digtital camera. Inspired by my new camera, I decided to document a day in my life through photography.
For one day on January 18, 2007 I carried my camera everywhere and I took one photograph each hour. My goal was to capture a picture every hour that would represent whatever I was doing at that moment.
Looking back, it is interesting to see how nearly everything in my life has changed – my job, my house, my family, and even the TV show I was watching that day is now off the air!
I’ve decided it is time to do another “Day in the Life of…” project and I would like you to join me! On February 1st I’ll have a link up for you to share your own “Day in the Life of…” photos.
How it Works:
- Pick a day then start when you wake up & stop when you go to bed.
- Set a timer to remind you to take a photograph each hour. In 2007 I set the alarm on my cell phone to go off each hour.
- Don’t stress out about the artistic quality of the pictures. Even the simpliest snap shots will create an interesting docuemntation of your day.
- Post your pictures on your blog and come back to SimplyRebekah.com on Febuary 1st to share your link with everyone!
- Feel free to grab a “Day in the Life of…” button from my right side bar to use on your blog or posts!
- Follow the fun on twitter with the hashtag #Adayinthelife.
No Blog? No Problem! Even if you don’t have a blog to link to on February 1st, I would love to have you participate! Simply take your pictures and email them to me along with the time & caption for each photograph. I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to post all the photos that I receive, but I would love to feature several on Simply Rebekah. You can email your “Day in the Life of…” submissions to: RebekahHoffer (at) gmail (dot) com
This isn’t just for stay-at-home-moms! You don’t even need to be a woman! 🙂 The fun is in seeing a glimps into a variety of different lives.
Pick a day, get out your camera & get ready to link up on February 1st! I can’t wait to see how different all of our days are!
Come back next week to see my “Day in the Life of Rebekah” photos from 2007.