A Day in the Life of…

Four years ago I was wife with no children, working a full time office job and my latest toy was a new digtital camera.  Inspired by my new camera, I decided to document a day in my life through photography.

For one day on January 18, 2007 I carried my camera everywhere and I took one photograph each hour. My goal was to capture a picture every hour that would represent whatever I was doing at that moment.

Looking back, it is interesting to see how nearly everything in my life has changed – my job, my house, my family, and even the TV show I was watching that day is now off the air!

I’ve decided it is time to do another “Day in the Life of…” project and I would like you to join me! On February 1st I’ll have a link up for you to share your own “Day in the Life of…” photos.

How it Works:

• Pick a day then start when you wake up & stop when you go to bed.
  • Set a timer to remind you to take a photograph each hour. In 2007 I set the alarm on my cell phone to go off each hour.
  • Don’t stress out about the artistic quality of the pictures. Even the simpliest snap shots will create an interesting docuemntation of your day.
  • Post your pictures on your blog and come back to SimplyRebekah.com on Febuary 1st to share your link with everyone!
  • Feel free to grab a “Day in the Life of…” button from my right side bar to use on your blog or posts!
  • Follow the fun on twitter with the hashtag #Adayinthelife.

No Blog?  No Problem! Even if you don’t have a blog to link to on February 1st, I would love to have you participate!  Simply take your pictures and email them to me along with the time & caption for each photograph.  I can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to post all the photos that I receive, but I would love to feature several on Simply Rebekah.  You can email your “Day in the Life of…” submissions to: RebekahHoffer (at) gmail (dot) com

This isn’t just for stay-at-home-moms! You don’t even need to be a woman!   :-)  The fun is in seeing a glimps into a variety of different lives.

Pick a day, get out your camera & get ready to link up on February 1st! I can’t wait to see how different all of our days are!

Come back next week to see my “Day in the Life of Rebekah” photos from 2007.

This entry was posted in A Day in the Life of.... Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to A Day in the Life of…

1. DB Landes says:

I’m in. Life’s pretty boring lately but we’ll see what happens.
    DB Landes recently posted..Meal Maker Monday- Three Bean Crockpot Soup

2. Donna says:

I’m so excited to join in! I think it’s a great idea!
    Donna recently posted..Great Software for Bloggers… Guest Blogging Today

• Rebekah says:

Donna, I’m glad you are excited about it! I’ve gotten a good response on Facebook already.

PS. Thanks for making such an awesome button for me! You rock!

3. Pingback: Great Photo Challenge – A Day In the Life Of…

4. This sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sending the (twitter) message! I’d love to play along!!! I, too, can’t wait to see a pictoral view into everybody’s life for one day!

5. Julie Anne says:

Great idea… I am in, now I just have to pick a day that I actually have something going on, other than laundry and dishes, haha! :)
    Julie Anne recently posted..Top Ten holiday foods

6. Karen says:

Oh, girl, this sounds fun. I am so bad about my camera and you would think as a blogger I would always be taking pictures. I am definitely in for this. It will help me remember to take my camera everywhere and to actually get it out to use!!!! Now what day???? Love it! Have a blessed day!
    Karen recently posted..10 Years with my Beloved

7. What a great idea! Love it! I’m putting it on my calendar now. :)
    Megan at SortaCrunchy recently posted..Page Turning Tuesday

8. I’m in!! Looking forward to seeing what my life looks like in photos! And it will be great to see other peoples’ lives.
    Laura @ Homemaking Joyfully recently posted..Getting back into the groove

9. Pingback: Weekend Wanderings

10. Melissa P says:

I’m definitely going to try it. I’ve been trying to think about what to do with my blog since life has changed. This might be a good beginning start. Thanks for the idea.

11. Melinda says:

I found your post through Amy’s finer things. I love this idea!

12. Oh what a wonderful idea. I think will do one with you now and another later during the summer. Living on a small farm, boy oh boy, do things change from season to season as far as activities go! :-)
    Farm Girl Corinne recently posted..A FREE week of Farm Life Camp

13. Pingback: Annexed: The Finale « Team Trader Mom

14. Pingback: This Mom’s Weekly Wrap Up!

15. I am gonna try this. LOL!! Sounds fun!!
    Charlene Long recently posted..365 Challenge for 2011 – 9 Arranged

• Rebekah says:

Charlene, are you doing the 365 photography project? I did that once & loved it. You should join up with the “A Day in the Life of…” project! It sounds like it is your type of thing for sure!! Thanks for linking up.

16. Mandy says:

SO cool! I will be doing this!! <3

17. Pingback: Day in the Life of TTM–Weekend Edition « Team Trader Mom

18. Pingback: Day in the Life – January 27th 2011 | Myself… better.

19. Pingback: 31 Day Challenge – Day 5 « ABCZooHome