The whole reason I started my insane list of goals this year is because I wanted to be more intentional with my time. Now that summer is here I want to be intentional about enjoying it. It is easy for Nate and I to be so busy over the summer that we miss out on truly taking advantage of it.
Enter my Summer Fun list of 2011!
After brainstorming all the fun things we want to do this summer, I think we came up with a pretty great list. Here are the highlights:
The Big Things:
- Our Cabin Weekend – a Christmas gift
- Visit the “Safari” Zoo – a Christmas gift
- A Day at a Local Children’s Amusment Park – a Christmas gift
- A Week at the Beach – a gift from Hubby’s work associate
- Supper at a Jamaican Restaurant – using a restaurant.com gift card
- Free Concerts at Local Parks
- Baseball Game
The New Things Never Done Before (at least for Grace!):
- Visit Sprinkler Park
- Use a Free Museum Pass
- Picnic in Park
- Finger Paint
- Feed Ducks at Local Park
- Swim at Local Pool
- Fly a Kite
- Play with Water Table at a Friend’s House
- Wash Car – This is the only “chore” on our list & I included it because I think Grace might think it is fun. I might be wrong. haha!
The Simple Things:
- Swim in Backyard
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Catch Lighting Bugs
- Family Movie Night
- Summer Reading Program at the Library
- Go on Walks
- Visit Local Park
- Picnic in Backyard
- Play in Sandbox at my Sister’s House
- Story Time at Library – This is actually listed 6 times since we signed up for 6 and I thought it would help “fill out” my list. 🙂
The Ice Cream:
- Have Milkshakes at my Sister’s House
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Plus we have 3 difference ice cream shops listed!
I love how so many of our big summer fun things this year were gifted to us. Experience gifts are such a neat Christmas idea. Looking over the list makes me feel extremely blessed, but even if we didn’t do a single “big thing” on our list I’m sure we would still have a wonderful summer. Just look at all those simple fun things we can do!
As a stay-at-home mom, I know I’m going to struggle with doing some of these things without Nate. I often feel bad about doing things without my husband to enjoy the fun and memories. Grace and I need to do something during the day and Nate has never been upset with us doing things without him, but still I feel bad sometimes. Am I alone here?
What summer fun do you have planned?