I wrote a crazy-long list of goals for this year. Here is how I did last month on my Insane Goals.
1. We did a pretty good job of “thinking outside the cereal box” in January. We did eat some boxed cereal, but we also had yogurt, oatmeal, and eggs. I made 4 pans of baked oatmeal – one that we are still eating and 3 that went in the freezer.
2. I did a lot of work cleaning the master bedroom and closet, but I’m not crossing it off the spring cleaning checklist just yet. Things like windows, baseboards, and under the bed still need to be cleaned
4. Grace loves her daily devotional at nap time. She never lets me forget to read it! I’ve also been doing a much better job at reading to Noah daily.
5. I went to Picture People to have Noah’s 9 month portrait taken. I had a $10 off coupon and used it to buy one 8×10. It can be hard to only pick one, but since I never hang up any pictures anyway… ahem
6. We had friends over for supper one night and I used a couple gift cards in January.
1. I keep thinking of new things to add to my list!! I added:
- Reorganize my Jewelry
- Deep Clean the Dishwasher
- Read Platform by Michael Hyatt
- Re-teach Grace the Alphabet (She seems to have forgotten some letters!)
- Teach Grace to Hold a Pencil Correctly
- Buy & Install a New Convertible Car Seat for Noah
- Watch Downton Abby Season 1, Season 2, & Season 3 (Why not? Everyone seems to love it!)
2. I did not send a card of appreciation. I did send out a tweet of thanks to a friend. Does that count?? Not really…
3. My library fine total is now $1.00. I couldn’t even make it one month!!
4. I didn’t make much progress on my eBook. I realized that taking the time to write won’t happen unless Nate and I put it on the calendar and plan for it. We marked off 2 Saturdays in February for me to leave the house and write. I also read through A Smaller Blogger’s Step-by-Step Path to Successful eBook Publishing by Trina Holden.
5. Nate and I didn’t have a date night. We had just gone out on New Year’s Eve, so it didn’t feel like we missed a month. Still, we’ll need to do better next month.
You can see my complete list of goals below. Plus be sure to add your link below and check out the other blogger’s goals! If you are reading this in your email or RSS reader, you’ll need to click over to Simply Rebekah to add your link and/or see the posts that other bloggers have shared.
My 2013 Insane Goals
- Organize & Declutter: office, Noah’s closet, kitchen steps, kitchen cabinets, attic, basement, upstairs bathroom, my night stand
- Hang Pictures: dining room, Noah’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom, downstairs bathroom, living room
- Install a Radon Mitigation System
- Fix the Microwave
- Reorganize my Jewelry
- Follow my Cleaning Checklist
- Deep Clean the Dishwasher
- Spring Clean All Rooms: living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, laundry room, stairs/hallway, Noah’s room, Grace’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom
Finish Photo Books
- The Year 2009
- The Year 2010
- The Year 2011
- The Year 2012
- Grace’s First Year Book
- Noah’s First Year Book
- Upload pictures to Snapfish monthly & catch up on uploading from 2012
- Experiment with my Bread Machine
- Make a Meal Directory
Think Outside the Cereal Box
- Grow Something
- Can & Freeze: salsa, pickles, blueberries, jam, applesauce, corn
Books to Read
- Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm
- 7 by Jen Hatmaker
- Platform by Michael Hyatt
- A Barn for the Harvest – written by my pastor in honor of our church’s 30th anniversary
Grace & Noah
Read Grace’s devotional book daily at nap time.
- Eliminate Grace’s daily potty training accidents.
- Re-teach Grace the alphabet.
- Teach Grace to hold a pencil correctly.
Read to Noah daily.
- Breastfeed Noah for 12 months.
- Buy & Install a new convertible car seat for Noah.
- Have Noah’s
9 month, 12 month, and 18 month pictures taken.
- Have Grace’s 4 year picture taken.
- Write a note of appreciation/thanks every month.
- Have monthly date nights with Nate
Invite someone over for supper or dessert every two months. Use & Enjoy our Gift Cards!
- Create & Complete a Summer Fun List
- Create & Complete a Festive Fall List
- Mail out the my “girlfriends notebook”
- Put an emergency kit/bucket in the van
- Keep library fines under $5 for entire year. Current total: $1.00
- Watch Downton Abby Season 1, Season 2, & Season 3
The BIG One: Write an eBook.
Now it is your turn to share your lists! I would love to hear about your goals and progress in the comments or you can use the link-up to add a link to a post on your own blog. If you are reading this in your email or RSS reader, you’ll need to click over to Simply Rebekah to add your link and/or see the posts that other bloggers have shared.
- For more details about the Insane Goals Monthly Link-Up click here.
- Link directly to your post & not your homepage.
- Please link back to Simply Rebekah in your post and feel free to use the Insane Goals Link-Up image in your post and/or sidebar.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!