I wrote a crazy-long list of goals for this year. Here is how I did last month on my Insane Goals.
1. I HUNG SOME PICTURES!!!! This is a huge deal. I’ve lived in this house for nearly 4 years and there is barely a thing on my walls. I added a decorative mirror to the upstairs bathroom, a picture collage in Grace’s room, a canvas wrapped print in the master bedroom, a cloth covered bulletin board in the dining room, and a vinyl lettering “sticker” in the living room.
2. Speaking of pictures… I didn’t upload any news ones to Snapfish, but I did finish a month worth of pictures in my 2009 photo book. I also reorganized my “blog photos” folder, which was a huge mess.
3. I’m growing something! I came home from vacation and my neighbor had planted my garden for me (for the 3rd year in a row!!!). He planted 2 tomato plants and 1 zucchini plant. I added 2 pepper plants. Plus I planted lots of flowers. Nate and I spent 5 hours working in our flower beds on Memorial Day.
4. Nate and I went to the movies and saw 42. I highly recommend it. Plus the entire night was free with gift cards!
5. I decluttered my night stand.
6. I read a book written by my pastor in honor of our church’s 30th anniversary.
7. I had Noah’s 1 year picture taken at Picture People.
8. I am finally making progress with Grace’s potty training. We started potty training almost a year ago, but she has never wanted to use the toilet for #2. I decided to create a reward chart for her. She got to pick the prize. After she uses the toilet for #2 ten times she gets to go to the store and pick out a new dress. Bless her heart. She did it three days in a row and is still going strong! Praise the Lord!
9. I spent 3 hours working on my eBook. Yikes. It needs to be more than that, but 3 hours is better than 0. Plus I have a phone interview scheduled with a doctor who will be an amazing resource for my book. Amazing!!
1. I haven’t been doing a good job of reading to Noah every day. He doesn’t sit well for it unless I do it right before bed and sometimes I’m just ready to be done with the day by that point. The summer reading program has started, so that should be good motivation for me to work harder at it in June.
2. I lost another library book. I give up. The library simply is not going to be a free for my family. I’m ok with that. UPDATE: I found the book!!!!
3. I had some drama with Noah’s new car seat. I bought one. I returned it. I called the car seat company and got things sorted out. It is a long story, but I’m finally ready to buy the seat again.
There are many things I could improve (following my cleaning schedule & writing more), but I am really happy with all the things I did this past month. You can see my complete list of goals below.
My 2013 Insane Goals
- Organize & Declutter: office, Noah’s closet, kitchen steps, kitchen cabinets, attic, basement, upstairs bathroom,
my night stand
- Hang Pictures: dining room, Noah’s room,
Grace’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom, downstairs bathroom, living room
- Install a Radon Mitigation System
- Fix the Microwave
- Reorganize my Jewelry
- Follow my Cleaning Checklist
- Deep Clean the Dishwasher
- Spring Clean All Rooms: living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, laundry room, stairs/hallway, Noah’s room, Grace’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom
Finish Photo Books
- The Year 2009
- The Year 2010
- The Year 2011
- The Year 2012
- Grace’s First Year Book
- Noah’s First Year Book
- Upload pictures to Snapfish monthly & catch up on uploading from 2012
- Experiment with my Bread Machine
- Make a Meal Directory
Think Outside the Cereal Box Grow Something
- Can & Freeze: salsa, pickles, blueberries, jam, applesauce, corn
Books to Read (This post contains affiliate links)
Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm
- 7 by Jen Hatmaker
- Platform by Michael Hyatt
A Barn for the Harvest – written by my pastor in honor of our church’s 30th anniversary
Grace & Noah
Read Grace’s devotional book daily at nap time.
- Eliminate Grace’s daily potty training accidents.
- Re-teach Grace the alphabet.
- Teach Grace to hold a pencil correctly.
- Read to Noah daily.
Breastfeed Noah for 12 months.
- Buy & Install a new convertible car seat for Noah.
- Have Noah’s
9 month, 12 month, and 18 month pictures taken.
- Have Grace’s 4 year picture taken.
- Write a note of appreciation/thanks every month.
Have monthly date nights with Nate Invite someone over for supper or dessert every two months. Use & Enjoy our Gift Cards!
- Create & Complete a Summer Fun List
- Create & Complete a Festive Fall List
- Mail out the my “girlfriends notebook”
- Put an emergency kit/bucket in the van
- Keep library fines under $5 for entire year. Current total: $4.20
- Watch Downton Abby
Season 1, Season 2, & Season 3
The BIG One: Write an eBook.
Now it is your turn! I would love to hear about your goals and progress in the comments.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!