Welcome to Frugal Photo Friday! This month I am partnering with Crystal, from Money Saving Mom. Each Friday we are sharing pictures of simple ways that we save money. This week I’m sharing how having a “gift box” saves money.
Hidden away in a closet is this fabulous box of fun. It is a collection of items just waiting to fill a Christmas stocking, go in an Easter basket, or get wrapped up in fun birthday paper.
I save money on gifts by setting aside items I get at a discount and saving them in my “gift box” until the next big celebration. Here are 6 ways I’ve filled my box with discounted gifts:
- Book Sales – Every year my library has a huge book sale and the books are super cheap.
- Garage Sales – Once I found brand new Easter themed coloring books for less than $1.00. Perfect!
- Amazon Deals – Did you know Amazon has a page dedicated to daily deals? (affiliate link!) Or you could always follow a blog like Crystal’s that will alert you about hot deals.
- Hand-me-downs – Does it make me a bad mom that I hold onto hand me downs instead of giving them to my kids right away? Of course I don’t do it with all items, but I’ve definitely held on to a few.
- Conference Freebies – The past two years I went to a blogging conference that had some awesome swag.
- Travel Souvenirs – I’ve visited a lot of different countries and sometimes you can find the best gifts at local markets. I’m still holding on to a napkin and place-mat set from Guatemala that I’m waiting to give the perfect person.
Do you collect gifts throughout the year or wait until a celebration to do all your shopping?
Head over to Money Saving Mom to see the savings that Crystal is sharing today.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!