The first time I heard about Swagbucks in 2008, I was pretty skeptical. Does this really work? It is going to take forever to earn any prizes, right? I had my doubts about the whole thing, but I used it for a month and earned enough points for a $5 Starbucks gift card. From that moment on, I was was hooked.
My husband and I had plans to start a family soon, so I decided to save up my Swagbucks points for Target gift cards that I could use on maternity clothes. After a year of using Swagbucks faithfully, I earned $180 in Target gift cards.
How did I earn so much money so fast? Of course I used Swagbucks for searching, entered Swag codes, and earned points by having the toolbar, but this was back in 2008 & 2009. Many of the extra earning options available today (Swagbucks TV, games, coupons, etc.) didn’t exist back then.
The number one way that I earned Swagbucks was through referrals. I told EVERYONE about Swagbucks. Soon the referrals started signing up and that is when the Swagbucks quickly started rolling in.
The surprising thing is that I didn’t have a blog back then like I do now. I wasn’t on Twitter. I don’t think Pinterest even existed back then. I didn’t have a huge social media platform. I was just a regular girl who took the time to clearly explain to people the benefits of using Swagbucks. And it worked!
Using Swagbucks to pay for my maternity clothes was a huge financial blessing. Since then I’ve switched to using Swagbucks for Amazon gift cards. Over the years I’ve used those gift cards to save on Christmas gifts, diapers, and a play kitchen for my daughter.
Now that Swagbucks has become more popular, it isn’t as easy to gain new referrals, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth your time to sign up. There are many ways to quickly earn points without referrals.
How to Easily Earn $60 in Amazon Gift Cards by this Time Next Year:
- Sign Up with my Promo Code – Everyone gets 30 swagbuck points just for signing up, but if you use the promo code SIMPLYREBEKAH you will get an extra 70 points! That is 100 swagbucks just for signing up. (more information below on how to sign up)
- Search Every Day – It takes less than 5 minutes to earn points just by searching the web. I usually earn 7 swagbucks or more. Searching daily for a year will earn you 2,555-3,650 points.
- Answer the Daily Poll – The daily poll is a simple multiple choice question that takes about 2 seconds to answer. Answering daily for a year will earn you 365 points.
- View the No Obligation Special Offers – Click through the NOSO by hitting “see next offer” or “skip” and earn 2 points at the end. You don’t need to accept any of the offers to earn the points and this takes less than a minute. Viewing the NOSO daily for a year will earn you 730 points.
- Watch Videos – There are always short videos available for you to watch on your computer that will earn you 2 points. Doing this daily for a year will earn you 730 points.
If you do all of those things starting today, by this time next year you should have earned about 5,575 points. That is enough for $60 in Amazon gift cards! Wouldn’t it be nice to have an extra $60 for Christmas gifts next year?
It keeps getting better though because Swagbucks has a special promotion right now for all new referrals. If you sign up and earn 1,500 points by December 31, 2013, Swagbucks will give you an extra 500 points!
When you sign up, click on the text “I have a signup code” (it can be small depending on your screen settings, but make sure to look for it!). Then just paste in the code SIMPLYREBEKAH and redeem it for 70 SB! Please note that the code is case-sensitive and expires on November 30, 2013.
What would you buy from Amazon with a $60 gift card?