Are you asking yourself…
– Why is my baby refusing to take a bottle?
– What is wrong with my breast milk?
– Why does my breast milk taste bad???
– What am I going to to do with all the bad tasting milk in my freezer?
– Am I going to have to stop pumping?
– What is excess lipase activity?
– Where can I find the support of someone who understands?
You can stop searching for answers right now. I have all of them for you.
In 2010 I was crying over my keyboard trying to find answers to why my own breast milk tasted so bad. That is when I discovered excess lipase activity, which is a rare condition in breastfeeding that causes expressed breast milk to develop a horrible taste. I continued searching online for more details about excess lipase activity, but there wasn’t much information available.
I started blogging about my journey overcoming excess lipase activity and soon more and more women were coming to my blog for support. I’ve taken the 4 original blog posts that I wrote about my journey and expanded them into an eBook with over 40 pages.
Inside the pages of this downloadable eBook you will find:
- An explanation of excess lipase activity that you don’t need a medical degree to understand.
- Answers to 31 frequently asked questions.
- Detailed instructions on how to test your breast milk for excess lipase activity.
- Step by step directions on how to scald your milk to stop the bad taste.
- 8 suggestions on what to do with all of the bad tasting breast milk in your freezer.
- Step by step information on how to donate your bad tasting breast milk to a milk bank.
- A list of milk banks that accept milk affected by excess lipase activity and their contact information.
- My personal story and what happened when my second child was born.
- Valuable information from Dr. Ruth Lawrence, the nation’s leading authority on breastfeeding
- A survey for you to take to help Dr. Lawrence begin the much needed research on excess lipase activity.
- Support, encouragement, and the knowledge that you are not alone.
By the end of this book you will be fully equipped to continue a healthy breastfeeding relationship with your baby and successfully pump breast milk.
This is an electronic book that will be emailed to you as a PDF file that you can read on your computer or you can print the the 40+ pages. This is not a physical book that will be mailed to you.
Since this is a digital book, you will have instant access after your purchase and can start your journey to overcoming excess lipase activity today!
This eBook is also available as a Kindle file on Amazon.
Take a peek at the table of contents:
Testimonials from moms with excess lipase activity:
Thank you, Rebekah. Thank you for sharing your story, for letting me know I’m not alone, for giving me hope, and for encouraging me that I’m not a failure. I don’t know you, but I’m so thankful for you. – Rachel Norris
Thanks to you, we are scalding the milk before we freeze it. I can happily report that our daughter just had her first taste of thawed, scalded breastmilk today, and she chugged the whole bottle in a minute! So, it worked! Thank you, again. You’ve given us a wonderful gift and a sense of relief. – Dan G.
As a mom of a young infant, discovering that my stored milk had tasted bad was very upsetting. My daughter was rejecting the bottle. Luckily, I was able to get first-hand information from Rebekah Hoffer, as well as some emotional comfort. She was a mother who went through exactly what I was dealing with. I felt that I wasn’t alone in wanting to overcome this challenge, and I was empowered to find an efficient routine to start all over again. – Lauren Paul
Testimonials from lactation professionals:
Rebekah Hoffer has captured the drama, the sorrow, and the need for a solution eloquently in these pages. This is a thoughtful, comprehensive, heartwarming description for mothers with similar problems. – Ruth Lawrence, MD
Included in the downloadable eBook are free printable charts to help you as you test your breast milk for excess lipase activity.
Mama, you can stop searching for answers.
You can stop crying over your keyboard. You can stop wondering what in the world is wrong with your breast milk. I have all the answers for you. Take a deep breath, mama. The answers are here. You and your little one are going to be okay. You’ve got this.
Reminder: This is an electronic book that will be emailed to you. You can buy the PDF version or the Kindle version. Either way, you’ll be able to start reading the book today! This is not a printed book that will be sent to you in the mail.
If you aren’t sure if you want to buy the PDF file or Kindle file, I would suggest the PDF file so that you will be added to my email list. I will send out emails with any important research information that develops and other various announcements. Being part of this list is a great way to stay connected to the latest information about excess lipase activity. You can unsubscribe from the list at any time.
Interested in becoming an affiliate?
Disclosure: I am not a medical professional. I am simply a mom who has walked this journey. This book is meant to be a reference only. It is not meant to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Consult your doctor and/or lactation consultant to determine the best course of treatment and action for your baby. This book explains what worked for me, but it might not be what is best for you and your baby. Little research has been done on excess lipase activity. Any new research could change the information suggested in this book.