This post contains affiliate links.
It is fun to bless someone with a housewarming gift, but it isn’t fun to break your budget trying to do it. Each of these affordable housewarming gifts will cost you less than $30, most of them are less than $20, and some are even less than $10.
10 Affordable Housewarming Gifts
1. Baked Goods - Any homemade treat will do, but I especially like the idea of bread. You can write something in the card about “breaking bread together” in their new home. (Don’t forget that the bread doesn’t need to be made in your home! Picking some up from a local bakery is just as good.)
2. Flowers & Houseplants - Fresh cut flowers are always an appropriate gift. A nice planter will most likely cost more, but it will last longer. The “welcome” sign in the planter above is a nice touch, don’t you think?
3. Gift Cards - When I moved into a new apartment just before Nate and I got married, his parents gave me gift cards to several local restaurants. It was fun to explore the restaurants in my new neighborhood.
4. Message Blocks - It can be a risky move to buy a decorative piece for someone’s new home, but these mantel blocks from DaySpring are really neat. They come with a cheat sheet to help you create 22 different words. Right now they are 50% off on clearance for just $24.99.
5. Candle - Yankee Candles makes a Home Sweet Home scent that is one of my favorites. I used to give this as a gift all the time, but I’ve cut back since I’ve learned that candles aren’t really that great for you.
6. Key Chain - A friend of mine gave me this customized key chain when we bought our house. I really like this one from Lisa Leonard. You could customize it with the last name, address, or the year the home was purchased.
7. Note Cards - It is always nice to have some blank note cards around. I really like these made by C.R. Gibson. They are simple and pretty.
8. Canned Goods - Do you make your own jam, salsa, pickles, or canned fruit? Here are some recipes and inspirational posts to help:
- Homemade Sweet & Sour Salad Dressing (This isn’t canned, but it still works.)
- Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- Salsa Canning Vlog: a ridiculous & silly “how to” video
- I can Can-Can-Can!
9. Freezer Meals - This isn’t a very conventional gift, but it really is helpful. Everyone appreciates being able to get out of cooking from time to time – especially people who are busy unpacking! Here are some of my favorite freezer friendly recipes:
- Pizza Tot Casserole
- Creamy Baked Chicken
- Curried Lentils
- Honey Mustard Baked Chicken
- Garlic White Lasagna
- 5 more freezer friendly recipes
10. Mason Jar Gift Set - This exact gift was given to a friend of mine who loves to can and it fit her fabulously. The mason jars are filled with pantry items like popcorn, oatmeal, raisins, pasta, and animal crackers. There are also cookies and a new kitchen towel. Mason jars can be used for more than just canning (decoration, food storage, etc.), but people who love to can will probably appreciate this gift the most.
What are your favorite housewarming gifts to give or receive?
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!