I am thrilled to be attending Relevant, a christian women’s blogging conference. I’ll be sharing a hotel room with 3 ladies whom I’ve never met before. It all sounds like a fun adventure to me!
10 Things My Relevant Roomies Should Know About Me:
1) I get up in the middle of the night (or crazy-early morning) to pee. That is because I’m pregnant, which is really the number one thing you should know about me, but I think you all got that memo already.
2) I am NOT a morning person. No matter what time I go to bed at night, I’m not too happy to be waking up in the morning. I promise not to be rude if you promise not to sing any kind of “happy to be awake” song like my husband used to when we first got married. Oh, and I don’t snore, but I do hug a body pillow.
3) This is my first time away from Grace, my 2 year old. I have never been away from Grace overnight and have only been gone when she woke up in the morning once. This weekend will be a big deal for me. If you see me on my cell phone crying in the corner, this is why. She’ll be fine. I’ll be a wreck.
4) I try to be green. There will still be normal shampoo in the shower, but I’ll probably cringe if I see you throw away a pop can. (And I’ll definitely sneak it out of the trash can later when you aren’t looking & hunt down a recycling bin!) Speaking of being green…
5) I have an awesome conference sponsor. Andrea, an independent Shaklee distributor, is helping me get to Relevant. I’m bringing Shaklee samples, enough concentrated organic cleaner to make two 16oz bottles! I will also be doing a giveaway at the conference that you don’t want to miss out on. (Plus a giveaway here on Simply Rebekah next week!)
6) I’m nervous about my clothes. I’m at that awkward in between stage where my regular clothes aren’t fitting right, but it is too soon for maternity clothes. I would have loved to buy some new clothes (since it has been forever since I went shopping), but… I’m pregnant. I’m not buying new non-maternity clothes now!
7) I get very nauseous when I’m hungry. It is the worst first thing in the morning and before bed. Thankfully, I don’t usually throw up. Hearing me gag over a trash can will probably still be unpleasant, so I’ll be snacking. A lot.
8) I’m a reality TV junkie. At home we don’t have full cable, so hotel stays are always a special treat for me! I don’t plan on vegging out in front of the TV all day, but if you catch me decompressing during some free time you’ll probably find me reconnecting with some old friends like E!, TLC, Discovery, HGTV, or VH1.
9) I’m a stay-at-home mom and love it, but… when things start feeling too domestic around here I crank up Britney Spears or Lady Gaga.
10) I love oreos. The end.
There ya go! Everything that Katey, Dawn, and Michelle could ever need to know about me. 😉 I’m linking this post to Home With The Boys. Erin, thanks for helping us get to know each other better before the conference!
Don’t forget to enter the Mennonite Girls Can Cook cookbook giveaway before it closes! I hope you all love giveaways because I have TWO MORE coming this month and something really exciting happening in November.