Dear Grace Renee,
Today you are six months old! I can’t believe you are already half a YEAR old! You are getting so big so fast. You are truly growing up right before my eyes. Here are some of the highlights of the first six months of your precious life:
- You’re fast, smooth and SAFE delivery. I also want to point out that I did it without any pain medication!
- Those cute, wrinkly feet that we all thought were really long.
- First you had soft fine hair all over your head. Then you went bald, but just on TOP! Now it seems that the top of your head is where you grow hair the best and it looks like you have a mohawk.
- At just two days old you would throw yourself onto your side whenever we laid you down to change your diaper.
- You threw out your “arms of distress” quite often in the beginning.
- So many people blessed us with gifts of food and adorable clothing.
- All those hours you spent sleeping in the Miller Family cradle.
- You started sleeping through the night at just 1.5 months!
- I was able to leave my job at Sight & Sound so I could stay home with you full-time. I will be grateful for that opportunity forever!
- Your first smiles were always in your sleep. Now getting you to smile and laugh is the best part of my day.
- When you first came home you would make little grunting noises. Now you babble and let out little happy screams.
- Your baby dedication was a particularly special day for all of us.
- Christmas!!! You’re first Christmas was so special. You did a great job on the long trip to Ohio. We were blessed to be there for 1.5 weeks!
- Silly Songs! Daddy is constantly singing silly songs to you and I have a few of my own.
- You love reading books while laying on Daddy’s side of the bed.
- You started rolling over in February and sitting up all by yourself in March!
- I am extremely proud to say that you have been exclusively breastfed for six months! We are going to start solids tomorrow!
Grace Renee, you have been such a joy in my life. I love you more and more every day. I look forward to seeing you grow and learn new things, but I am cherishing these special days while you are still so little. I am tremendously proud of you. You are such a good girl.
Hugs & Kisses ~ Mommy