Last week I shared that keeping an eye out for high value coupons is one way that I strive to be frugal. I’ve been able to score some free products and amazing savings by looking beyond the “$0.50 off 3” coupons. Now I’m going to share where I find high value coupons.
1) Newspaper – The Sunday paper is you can find all the coupon flyers each week. Even if you don’t want to clip regular priced coupons, it is wise to skim through the flyers and sales ads each Sunday. For example: KFC offered a free meal deal with drink purchase just two weeks ago. Also, Dunkin Donuts gives away free medium coffees on Mondays if you snagged the coupon card a month ago.
2) Printable Coupon Websites – Internet coupons tend yield much higher savings than traditional newspaper coupons. Unlike newspaper coupons, it is very easy to find deals that require you to purchase only one of each product instead of two or more.
Before you bother to click “print” be sure that your grocery store accepts internet coupons. Most stores will accept them, but may have a limit on the amount saved with each coupon. To cut down on fraud, my grocery store won’t accept coupons with a savings over $5 or any coupons offering buy one get one free savings. Each store is different.
There are many websites specializing in printable coupons. Here are just a few:
3) Product Manufacture’s Websites – Many times you can find coupons for your favorite products directly on their website. I’ve had personal success with printing coupons for deodorant, face wash, baby food, coffee creamer and many more.
4) Facebook – Companies are jumping on the social networking bandwagon! By “liking” companies on Facebook you can gain access to free samples or high value coupons. I can’t even begin to tell you how many samples and coupons I have received this way. Of course not every company has a promotion. How do I know when there is a good Facebook offer? That brings me to number five…
5) Frugal Deal Websites – Following a couple of websites that specialize in money saving offers is my number one tip for finding high value coupons. These sites literally do all the research for you. By checking in on a regular basis you’ll be alerted with there is a great coupon available online, coming to you in the newspaper that week or being featured on Facebook.
There are several sites out there, but my two favorites are:
Where are your favorite places to find coupons?