Another month has past. Here is how I did with my list of goals last month.
1. Our hosting goal was met this month when we church friends over for an appetizer party. Really it was just an excuse to get everyone together so we could share our pregnancy news.
2. I mailed a couple of cards this month.
3. I went away for 3 nights to attend the Relevant blogging conference. It was the first time I was away from Grace. It certainly counted as some significant “me time” for this month.
4. My cleaning check list got utilized more this month. I 100% contribute that to us hosting a party here and my parents coming for the weekend. Having company over seems to be my number one motivator for getting the house clean.
5. Grace and I started reading her Bible after her naps. She loves to sit in her crib and flip through the pages. I’ve left her up there for over 30 minutes!
6. I did’t get to cross anything new off my list, but I still feel really good about my progress. The first trimester of this pregnancy really exhausted me. I could hardly go a day with out napping. I’m finally starting to find the motivation to get things done again. There are those seasons in your life when you have to let things slide and the last three months were definitely that season for me. I’m 100% ok with that!
1. Now that baby number two is on the way, I’m feeling even more pressure to catch up on our photo books. However, that pressure has yet to translate into actual progress.
2. I’m in a weird place with my spiritual goals right now. I’m working through some things and the Relevant conference certainly helped with that. I’m at a point right now where I need to really press in and pray diligently about these things. I’m not where I want to be, but I hope that changes over the next month or so.
3. Nate is starting to get frustrated with our lack of home decor. He would really like to see some pictures on the wall. Honestly, I don’t care. Clearly I don’t care or it would have happened by now! It has been 1 year & 4 months since we moved into this house.
You can see all my progress from this year below. Plus be sure to add your link below and check out the other blogger’s goals!
My complete list of goals for 2011:
Host Once a Month Mail More Cards
Organize Our Photographs – Photo books I want to finish in 2011:
- The Year 2008
- The Year 2009
- The Year 2010
- Grace’s First Year Book
Mystery Book Create & Follow a Cleaning Checklist Garden Can Something
Organize The House – Rooms I want to conquer in 2011:
Attic Grace’s Closet Bathroom
- Guest Bedroom
- Master Bedroom
- Kitchen Steps
Purchase Patio Furniture Pick out & Buy Blinds for all Downstairs Windows Stain the Balcony Railing & Deck Lattice
- Hang Pictures
- Solve the No-Coat-Closet Problem
Solve the Bathroom Storage Problem
Goals for Grace
- Continue to limit her pacifier use to only in the crib & eventually wean from crib use.
- Develop a better routine for giving her a daily vitamin & brushing her teeth in the morning. I just can’t seem to nail down a solid time for this each day.
Have Grace drink milk from her sippy cup. Work on her stairs climbing skills so we can get to a place where we feel comfortable with her going up & down the stairs on her own. Have devotions from her “baby” Bible.
Personal & Spiritual Goals
Drink more water.
- Exercise at least a little!
Eat more fruitinstead of sugar & chocolate.
- Read daily devotions.
- Increase personal prayer time & prayer time with Nate.
Schedule more time for myself.
- Schedule monthly date nights with hubby.
Check back next month and I’ll let you know how I’m doing on my Insane List of Goals.
Now it is your turn to share your lists! I would love to hear about your progress in the comments or you can use the link-up to add a link to a post on your own blog (click on the blue frog icon).
- For more details about the Insane Goals Monthly Link-Up click here.
- Link directly to your post & not your homepage.
- Please link back to Simply Rebekah in your post and feel free to use the Insane Goals Link-Up image in your post and/or sidebar.