I know many moms who have baby-book-guilt. You know what I mean. It is that awful I-am-a-bad-mom-because-I-never-finished-the-baby-book feeling. There are just so many things to fill out! Why do we need to write down the date every. single. time. our kids got a new tooth anyway?!?! It is like these books are designed to make us feel inadequate.
Never fear. I have found the solution!
Drum roll please!!!
THE FIRST YEAR CALENDAR!
First year calendars are blank 13 month calendars that parents can fill out for the entire first year of their baby’s life – starting with the birth & ending with that special 1st birthday!
C.R. Gibson sent me one of their Baby’s First Year Calendars to review. I am extremely pleased with the quality of this calendar. I loved using a calendar for Grace and I’m thrilled to have one for Noah.
6 reasons why I love my first year calendar:
1. Write About Life as it is Happening – I have my calendar in a place where I see it everyday and fill in anything memorable about that day or week. I won’t miss any milestones when I am writing a little bit each week.
2. Stickers – My calendar has stickers that can be placed on the dates for each milestone such as discovering hands, rolling over, first steps, first words, and first foods. There are also stickers for visiting grandparents, doctor appointments, and holidays. Stickers are a fun and easy way to document your baby’s first year.
3. Monthly Reviews – Each month has a place to write down sleeping patterns, eating habits, baby’s growth, baby’s likes & dislikes, and things baby learned that month. I love it. This monthly review forces me to recognize (and appreciate!) the changes in Noah each month.
4. Pictures & Extras – There are spaces throughout the calendar for you to paste photos. As I flip through my calendar I can see how much Noah has grown and changed through the year. Plus there is space at the beginning of the calendar to list birth details, information about Mommy & Daddy, and a family tree.
5. Use it to Help Fill Out the Baby Book – I have a calendar and baby book for Grace and Noah. Since I filled out the calendar a little bit each week or so, it made it so much easier for me to fill out their baby books. The hardest part of filling out a baby book is remembering when all those little milestones happened! A first year calendar solves that problem.
6. Matches My Baby Book – C.R. Gibson creates baby books and calendars that match. I have the baby book and calendar from the Wonder collection. Having a matching set is certainly not necessary, but I think it is fun.
Are you interested in buying a first year calendar for yourself or as a gift? C. R. Gibson is offering 20% off your entire order with the promo code SRBLOG (code expires 9/30/12 & is only good on regular priced items). Most calendars on their site are just $12.00 with the discount!
Do you suffer from baby book guilt? Have you ever used a first year calendar?
Disclosure: C.R. Gibson sent me a calendar to review and keep. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!