I ditched antibacterial hand soap years ago, and I haven’t missed it one bit! Instead of using antibacterial soap, I use regular soap and turn it into foaming hand soap.
5 Reasons to Ditch Antibacterial Hand Soap & Switch to DIY Foaming Hand Soap
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Antibacterial hand soap isn’t as safe as you think. The active ingredient in antibacterial soap is triclosan, which kills off good bacteria while creating “super bugs” at the same time. Watch the video below for more information.
2. Washing with regular soap and water is all you need. Even the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends avoiding triclosan and washing with regular soap and water.
3. DIY foaming hand soap at home is easy. All you need is regular hand soap, water, and a foaming hand soap dispenser. Buy foaming hand soap from the store once, and then you can refill the dispenser again and again. Watch the video below for the complete instructions.
4. Making foaming hand soap saves money. It stretches regular hand soap further, so you don’t have to buy it as often. It also prevents your kids for wasting soap by using too much.
5. Since foaming hand soap is cheaper, you can spend a little more to buy the really nice, natural soap. You can use any kind of hand soap for DIY foaming soap (just avoid the antibacterial ones), but why not get the really good stuff? I recommend Method, Mrs. Myers, or Dr. Bronner’s castile soap. You can also find these brands on ePantry. Get $10 off your first ePantry order when you make a purchase through this link.
Free Organic Soy Candle and $10 credit to ePantry through 5/30/15!
ePantry is a fantastic source for natural bath and beauty products that I trust. This week Simply Rebekah readers will get a free organic soy candle, which burns for 70+ hours and a free $10 Credit on first-time ePantry orders!
For even more information, and a demonstration on how to make your own foaming hand soap, watch the video below:
Do you make your own foaming hand soap? What is your favorite brand of soap to use?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!