Once again it is time for fun in the sun! Here are my top 6 picks for summer to help you survive, thrive, and indulge this year.
This post contains affiliate links.
My Top 6 Picks for Summer
1. Belly Bulge Slimming Swimsuit – Last summer I was able to hide my pregnancy for the first 14 weeks with this blue Ruffled One-Piece Swimsuit from Target. The tiered ruffles are very flattering. In fact, I am still loving this suit this summer as I am continuing to lose my baby weight.
Of course this swimsuit won’t turn you into a size 2, but hopefully it can give you the confidence you need to feel comfortable at the beach this summer.
2. Sonic’s Frozen Lemonade – I have been avoiding dairy since Isaac was born, and I miss ice cream terribly. However, if I hadn’t given up ice cream for the sake of my baby’s tummy, I may have never discovered the awesomeness of Sonic’s frozen lemonades.
You can add any of their flavorings to this tart, yet sweet slushie. I highly recommend adding strawberry sauce. Delish!
Keri describes the playlist as “70+ songs curated from Top 40 hits that include dope beats and kid friendly lyrics-perfect for patio dance parties and backyard BBQ’s.” I couldn’t agree more.
4. Lemon Curd S’mores – I didn’t think anything could top toasted strawberries and fluff, but I was wrong! Lemon curd s’mores might be the best summer dessert I have ever had. They are life changing!
Toast your marshmallows like normal. Instead of adding a piece of chocolate to your graham cracker, add a smear of lemon curd. It tastes like lemon meringue pie!
5. Slipshorts – Ya know what no one ever wants to talk about? Chub rub and thigh sweat. I hate the feeling of my thighs rubbing together and everything getting hot and sweaty down there. (Did I just say that?? Yes. Yes, I did.) Slipshorts to the rescue!
Slipshorts look a lot like spanx, but they don’t suck everything in like spanx do. In other words, you can easily put them on without feeling like you are going to die trying to squeeze into them. Slipshorts don’t smooth out your curves. They just make your curves behave under your favorite dresses and skirts. I got my Jockey Slipshorts from Target.
I wear underwear under my slipshorts, but maybe you aren’t suppose to. Hmm. Let me know what you think in the comments.
6. Reality Steve Podcast – Reality Steve is known for publishing spoilers for The Bachelor franchise on his website, but all of my fellow Bachelor fans probably knew that already. Personally, I hate spoilers. I’ve never been to Steve’s site, but I was intrigued when I heard about his new podcast.
Every week, Steve interviews a past Bachelor or Bachelorette cast member. He spends an hour taking a deep dive into their experiences on and off the show. I highly recommend his interview with Clare Crawley (runner up from Juan Pablo’s season) and Chris Bukowski (record holder for being on the most seasons). You can find the podcast by searching for “Reality Steve” in iTunes or in your podcast app.
In the several interviews I’ve listened to, I haven’t come across any spoilers. However, I’m limiting myself to listening to his older episodes to be sure I don’t hear any spoilers for Rachel’s current Bachelorette season.
Want more Summer fun?
- My Top 5 Picks for Summer from 2015 – They are all still fabulous!
- Fast & Easy Vacation Meal Planning
- 4 Fun Vacation Pranks
- What to Buy at Dollar Tree: Vacation Edition
What are your top picks for Summer this year?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra charge to you, I’ll earn a small amount for any sales you make through my links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah! Top image via Pixabay.