I wrote a crazy-long list of goals for this year. Here is how I did last month on my Insane Goals.
1. We had a radon mitigation system installed! Radon is a naturally occurring, harmful gas that comes into your house from the soil. It is very common in PA. When we bought the house our levels were low, but just over the recommended amount. We finally got the system installed and now we are radon free!
2. I canned salsa and pickles. I froze corn and applesauce. The only thing I haven’t done yet is make jam. I’m not sure if I’ll get to that one this year.
3. I added band aids and wet-wipes to our van’s emergency kit.
4. I sorted through and purged photos for January, February, March, April, and May! I uploaded the good ones from January and February to Snapfish.
5. Our summer fun list this year rocked. There are a few things that didn’t get crossed off, but I am pleased with our progress. Now it is time to make a Festive Fall List!
1. Another month went by without me working on my book. *sigh* What is wrong with me?
2. After all that work I did during the Just Clean Something Challenge, I went right back to slacking off again.
3. Nate and I skipped another month of date nights. Not good. Not good at all.
You can see my complete list of goals below.
My 2013 Insane Goals
- Organize & Declutter: office, Noah’s closet, kitchen steps, kitchen cabinets,
attic, basement, upstairs bathroom, my night stand
- Hang Pictures: dining room, Noah’s room,
Grace’s Room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom, downstairs bathroom, living room Install a Radon Mitigation System
- Fix the Microwave
- Reorganize my Jewelry
- Follow my Cleaning Checklist
- Deep Clean the Dishwasher
- Spring Clean All Rooms: living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, laundry room, stairs/hallway, Noah’s room, Grace’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom
Finish Photo Books
- The Year 2009
- The Year 2010
- The Year 2011
- The Year 2012
- Grace’s First Year Book
- Noah’s First Year Book
- Upload pictures to Snapfish monthly & catch up on uploading from 2012
- Experiment with my Bread Machine
- Make a Meal Directory
Think Outside the Cereal Box Grow Something
- Can & Freeze:
salsa, pickles, blueberries, jam, applesauce, corn, strawberries
Books to Read (affiliate links below)
Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm
- 7 by Jen Hatmaker
- Platform by Michael Hyatt
A Barn for the Harvest – written by my pastor in honor of our church’s 30th anniversary
Grace & Noah
Read Grace’s devotional book daily at nap time. Eliminate Grace’s daily potty training accidents.
- Re-teach Grace the alphabet.
- Teach Grace to hold a pencil correctly.
Read to Noah daily. Breastfeed Noah for 12 months. Buy & Install a new convertible car seat for Noah.
- Have Noah’s
9 month, 12 month, and 18 month pictures taken.
- Have Grace’s 4 year picture taken.
- Write a note of appreciation/thanks every month.
- Have monthly date nights with Nate
Invite someone over for supper or dessert every two months. Use & Enjoy our Gift Cards! Create & Complete a Summer Fun List
- Create & Complete a Festive Fall List
- Mail out the my “girlfriends notebook”
Put an emergency kit/bucket in the van
- Keep library fines under $5 for entire year. Current total: $8.20
Watch Downton Abby Season 1, Season 2, & Season 3
The BIG One: Write an eBook.
Now it is your turn! I would love to hear about your goals and progress in the comments.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!