I’ve never liked setting goals, but something got into me in 2011. I created a huge list of things I wanted to accomplish and called it my Insane Goals. Each month I blogged about my accomplishments and disappointments. After some positive feedback, I opened up my monthly posts to other bloggers so they could link-up their goals also. It was fun and inspiring to read over those lists each month. After a short break (because of Noah’s birth) I have decided to start blogging about my goals again. Ready, set, GO!
My 2013 Insane Goals
- Organize & Declutter: office, Noah’s closet, kitchen steps (a 2nd stairway we only use for storage), kitchen cabinets, attic, basement, upstairs bathroom, my night stand
- Hang Pictures: dining room, Noah’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom, downstairs bathroom, living room – Yes, we have been living here since the summer 2010 and we still have many, many, MANY blank walls.
- Install a Radon Mitigation System
- Fix the Microwave – It doesn’t stop running unless the door is open or it is unplugged. Weird and annoying.
- Reoganize my Jewlrey
- Follow my Cleaning Checklist
- Deep Clean the Dishwasher
- Spring Clean All Rooms: living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bathroom, laundry room, stairs/hallway, Noah’s room, Grace’s room, master bedroom, upstairs bathroom – I almost hate to even have this on my list because I really don’t want to do it. Do you know of any good Spring Cleaning checklists or resources??
Finish Photo Books
- The Year 2009 – I only need to finish Nov & Dec!
- The Year 2010
- The Year 2011
- The Year 2012
- Grace’s First Year Book – I finished the pregnancy, birth, & first month.
- Noah’s First Year Book
- Upload pictures to Snapfish monthly & catch up on uploading from 2012
- Experiment with my Bread Machine – I haven’t touched this thing in years!
- Make a Meal Directory – I want to make a list of our favorite dishes to help with meal planning.
- Think Outside the Cereal Box – I want to get away from always eating boxed cereal and try making more freezer friendly breakfast items like granola, baked oatmeal, and breakfast burritos.
- Grow Something – My neighbor has been helping me a LOT with my garden the past 2 years. The location of my garden isn’t great. I don’t have many expectations for this year, but I want to grow something.
- Can & Freeze: salsa, pickles, blueberries, jam, applesauce, corn
Books to Read – It is easy for me to read fiction for fun, but these are some nonfiction books I want to make sure to learn something from this year.
- Bright from the Start by Jill Stamm
- 7 by Jen Hatmaker
- Platform by Michael Hyatt
- A Barn for the Harvest – written by my pastor in honor of our church’s 30th anniversary
Grace & Noah
- Read Grace’s devotional book daily at nap time.
- Eliminate Grace’s daily potty training accidents. – She does great with #1, but #2 is a whole different story!!
- Re-teach Grace the alphabet – She learned her letters before she turned 2, but seems to have forgotten many of them.
- Teach Grace to hold a pencil correctly.
- Read to Noah daily. – Grace begs to be read to, but I have to make more of a conscious effort with Noah.
- Breastfeed Noah for 12 months. – This should be pretty easy and we’ll likely nurse for several months beyond a year.
- Buy & Install a new convertible car seat for Noah.
- Have Noah’s 9 month, 12 month, and 18 month pictures taken.
- Have Grace’s 4 year picture taken.
- Write a note of appreciation/thanks every month.
- Have monthly date nights with Nate – Last year Nate’s parents gave us babysitting & gift cards to use each month. It was amazing! This year we’re on our own.
- Invite someone over for supper or dessert every two months.
- Use & Enjoy our Gift Cards! – I can be a bit of a gift card hoarder. My current total is 25.
- Create & Complete a Summer Fun List
- Create & Complete a Festive Fall List
- Mail out the my “girlfriends notebook” – Before Facebook, my girlfriends started writing back & forth to each other in a notebook.
- Put an emergency kit/bucket in the van – In December Grace threw up in the van. I was totally unprepared for that. Yuck.
- Keep library fines under $5 for entire year. Current total: $0.00
- Watch Downton Abby Season 1, Season 2, & Season 3 – Everyone seems to love it!
The BIG One: Write an eBook.
Now it is your turn to share your lists! I would love to hear about your goals in the comments or you can use the link-up to add a link to a post on your own blog. If you are reading this in your email or RSS reader, you’ll need to click over to Simply Rebekah to add your link and/or see the posts that other bloggers have shared.
- For more details about the Insane Goals Monthly Link-Up click here.
- Link directly to your post & not your homepage.
- Please link back to Simply Rebekah in your post and feel free to use the Insane Goals Link-Up image in your post and/or sidebar.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!