Feelin’ Frugal: Free Plastic Bag Snow Boots

I need to buy a pair of snow boots.  I know this.  I just don’t remember this until the white stuff has already landed.

I’ve perfected a very easy (and free) way to keep your feet warm and dry as you shovel yourself out of the snow.

Step 1: Put on your socks like normal.

Step 2: Put each foot in a plastic grocery bag.

Step 3: Tie the handles of the bag around your ankles or stuff them into the top of your socks.

Step 4: Put on any pair of tennis shoes you are ok with wearing in the snow.

Step 5: Pull your pant legs down so they cover all the plastic.  That way no one needs to see how cheap crazy creative you are.

Step 6: Go play in the snow and enjoy your brand new pair of free plastic bag snow boots!

Optional Step 7: Dig out your car, drive to the mall, and buy yourself a real pair of snow boots.

I took my “A Day In The Life Of…” photos last week.  Don’t forget to pick a day to take 1 photo every hour of whatever you are doing for the 2nd annual link-up on Feb. 6th!

This entry was posted in Frugal. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Feelin’ Frugal: Free Plastic Bag Snow Boots

1. JessieLeigh says:

Ha! Very creative. :) We used to put plastic bags over our feet inside our boots when I was really little… I think for the extra water-proofing. The only thing that concerns me in this whole scenario… is that your BARE flesh hanging out in that one shot? Because, if so…. BRRRRRRRRRR….

• Rebekah says:

The ONLY reason I have my skin exposed is to show off my plastic bags for the picture. Trust me, I don’t want anyone seeing my “plastic bag boots” when I’m outside!!!

2. Donna says:

Yep I’ve done this! Hey it keeps your socks dry – but Rebekah I think it’s time for some boots! I need a pair too – maybe we can find a good deal near the end of winter?
    Donna recently posted..Simple Nutella Dip

• Rebekah says:

You’ll really have to hound me about this. I do need boots, but it is going to be hard for me to buy something that I won’t be USING for months. I’ll put it off. Like every other year. So harass me, ok? :)

3. Audra says:

Haha! That’s a great tip! I just broke down and got my first pair of new snow boots since 1997. Now, I have had snow boots all along, just OLD ones! Amazon had a great sale!
    Audra recently posted..5 Things Breastfeeding Isn’t

4. Seb says:

it has just started snowing here in the UK so I will be trying out your idea in the next 5 minutes…snow!!!
    Seb recently posted..Nike SFB Tactical Combat Boots Where Style Meets the Demands of Soldiers

5. Pingback: 8 Things That I’m Loving Right Now | The Thrifty Frugal Mom