Baby number two is coming in April and my goals are all about getting ready with the baby’s arrival being my deadline. Here is how I did last month.
1. Grace’s “big girl room” is really coming together! We decided not to paint the room so we could save money and time. I’m still hoping to find some wall decals. I found the perfect shade of purple curtains for the room. They are actually a shower curtain. My mom is going to use her sewing skills to dress them up a bit, but for now they are working perfectly!
2. We are right on track for moving Grace to her new room this weekend or next weekend. Last month we took her pacifier away and it went much better than I expected. She still seems to have problems falling back asleep if she wakes up too early in the morning or during nap time. I definitely cried more than she did when we took away the pacifier. That’s a good thing.
3. Nate and I had a hot date to the movies in February. It was so hot that they had to call the fire department and evacuate the entire theater. We missed the last 20 minutes of the movie. It wasn’t the hot date we were expecting, but we had fun.
4. My blogging goals are coming along well. I’ve worked my way through many of my Relevant (now called Allume) business cards. I have 4 baby themed reviews/giveaways lined up. I’m starting to collect guest posts for my “maternity leave.” Let me know if you would like to write one!
5. I’m completely caught up on updating pictures to Snapfish! I also started my 2009 book.
6. I hope you are sitting down for this… We hung something on our wall!!! I have a beautiful mirror in my kitchen! We also solved our no-coat-closet problem by hanging some hooks. I’m not crossing off “hang pictures” from my list just yet, because it was only ONE thing. We have a lot more than one blank wall…
* Check out my complete list of goals below to see other accomplishments I didn’t mention.
1. My pregnancy journal is really sad looking. I’ve barely written a thing. Thankfully, I do have the blog posts I’ve written that I can include. I still hope to write more.
2. I tested a crock-pot freezer meal. I didn’t like it. My mother-in-law has been adding to my freezer (THANK YOU!!!), but I would like to kick it up a notch myself.
3. It looks like I won’t be reading Supernatural Birth. I can’t get it from the library and I really don’t want to buy it.
4. My pregnancy stretching has been pathetic!
5. I’m starting to have doubts that the busy bags will get made.
You can see all my progress & complete list of goals below. Plus be sure to add your link below and check out the other blogger’s goals! If you are reading this in your email or RSS reader, you’ll need to click over to Simply Rebekah to add your link and/or see the posts that other bloggers have shared.
My 2012 Insane Goals: Preparing for the Baby Edition
Food & Supply Preparations
Purge & organize the deep freezer
- Test the slow cooker freezer recipes I found somewhere (??) & pick some to freeze.
- Fill my freezer (as time, money & energy allow).
- Create a small stockpile of bath products.
- Decide if the baby will sleep in our room first or in the crib from day one.
- Clean all the bedding.
- Pull out all the gender neutral clothes.
- Reorganize the closet & changing table, switching from Grace’s things to baby things.
Buy & install black out curtains or shades.
- Hang pictures.
- Get a baby monitor.
More Baby Themed Goals
Pick out new pack ‘n play. Register at Babies R Us.
- Clean & have ready the swing, bath tub, breast pump, baby toys, etc.
Buy &send out “thank you” cards as needed.
- Reorganize the baby/toddler cabinet in the kitchen.
Create a pregnancy journal.
- Clean & install the car seat.
Labor & Delievery Goals
- Review The Birth Partner.
- Read Natural Childbirth The Bradley Way.
- Read Supernatural Birth.
- Stretch regularly.
- Pack the hospital bag.
- Pack Grace’s bag and include child care instructions.
Goals for Grace
Try to find her a new story time. Update her baby book. Take away her pacifiers before she moves into her new room.
- Make “busy bags” for her to help keep her entertained while I’m nursing the newborn.
Buy a potty training seat.
- Purge toys.
- Create better toy storage in the living room.
Move Grace to Her New Room
Purge & organize the closets. Pick a bedding set for her big girl bed. Paint and/orget fun wall decals. Buy & install black out curtains or shades.
- Make a night light.
- Move Grace into the new room in the beginning of March or earlier.
Host the 2nd Annual A Day in the Life of… photography project.
- Go through all the business cards I collected at Relevant and visit each blog.
- Host baby themed giveaways – Contact me if you have a product you’d like for me to review!
- Pre-write a minimum of 5 posts that I can publish after the baby is born.
- Collect a minimum of 5 guest posts. – If you are interested in guest posting, please contact me!
Clothes & Fashion
Clear out my closet of non-maternity clothes. Buy warm & colorful maternity tops.
- Buy new nursing tank tops.
Buy a maternity coat.
- Get a haircut.
Get new glasses.
Take Grace to the local children’s play house at least once a month. Enjoy monthly date nights with Nate. Use local hotel gift card. Use restaurant gift cards.
Finish Photo Books
- The Year 2009
- The Year 2010
- The Year 2011
- Grace’s First Year Book
Plus upload pictures to Snapfish monthly.
- Clean the carpets.
- Update, print, and follow a new cleaning check list.
- Buy a new computer.
- Hang pictures.
Solve the no-coat-closet problem.
Now it is your turn to share your lists! I would love to hear about your goals and progress in the comments or you can use the link-up to add a link to a post on your own blog (click on the blue frog icon). If you are reading this in your email or RSS reader, you’ll need to click over to Simply Rebekah to add your link and/or see the posts that other bloggers have shared.
- For more details about the Insane Goals Monthly Link-Up click here.
- Link directly to your post & not your homepage.
- Please link back to Simply Rebekah in your post and feel free to use the Insane Goals Link-Up image in your post and/or sidebar.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!