My to-do list before a vacation always includes stopping at Dollar Tree. Just because everything is only $1, that doesn’t mean that it is junk! I’m ready to clue you in on what to buy at Dollar Tree for your next vacation.
What to Buy at Dollar Tree: Vacation Edition
1. USB Charger – Keep your devices charged while you are on the go. I worried that these wouldn’t work well because they are only $1, but we have had no problems with them.
2. Sunglasses – Nate, Noah, and I all needed a pair of sunglasses before our last beach vacation. I found a pair for each of us. I’m not sure mine are super fashionable, but they seemed just as fashionable as my usual clip-on style that cost $15. Sure, I’m not going to win any fashion icon awards, but my choices are a bit limited since I wear glasses all of the time.
3. Puzzles – There is always a big selection of puzzles at Dollar Tree. Plus there are a lot of character options if your kids have a favorite character they are obsessing over. I have only bought puzzles for my kids, but the last time I was at Dollar Tree I noticed many fun adult puzzles with 500 pieces or more.
4. Create-a-Town Sticker Packs – These kits come with one background scene and two sheets of stickers. There are 4 different scenes: ocean, space, dog park, and fairies.
5. Coloring Books – Dollar Tree is my favorite place to look for new coloring books for the kids.
6. Adult Coloring Books – I was surprised to find adult coloring books at Dollar Tree! I saw one coloring book I bought for my last vacation at 5 Below for $4!
7. Beach Hamper Hack – The credit for this fabulous beach hack goes to the YouTube channel Do It On A Dime. A mesh “pop-up” hamper works great for carrying toys to the beach!
8. Pool Noodles & Beach Toys – If you need some new toys to fill your beach hamper, then certainly check Dollar Tree. I have never purchased a pool noodle in my life, but if I needed one that is where I would go. haha!
9. Glow Sticks – I usually buy these to entertain the kids on dark car rides, but this summer I bought a bunch to stick in the bathtub.
This blog post was inspired by my Awesome of The Week on the Sorta Awesome podcast episode 62. Listen to the entire episode to bring some extra awesome into your life!
Want some more vacation inspiration?
- Fast & Easy Vacation Meal Planning
- Tips & Inspiration for Creating a Summer Fun List
- When a Stranger Asks You to Take Their Picture
What are your favorite items to buy at Dollar Tree?