I’m taking green baby steps by trying to utilize our pool water. Last year I dumped Grace’s used pool water into the grass without a second thought. Now that I have a garden and some flowers it feels foolish to dump it out and not use it.
After brainstorming here are 5 ways that I can use our old pool water this summer:
1) Water Garden & Flowers – This is the most obvious answer for me. If I’m going to be watering these plants anyway, I might as well use this water.
2) Water House Plants – How hard is it to carry some water into the house instead of using it from the tap in the kitchen? Apparently, it is pretty darn hard since I haven’t done it yet! Hopefully, I can change that.
3) Wash Car – Of course this would mean that I have to actually wash the car. *ahem*
4) Wash Patio/Lawn/Deck Furniture – I have some white furniture that could use a regular scrubbing and Grace’s pool water would work great.
Why do so many of these options involve washing something???
5) Flush the Toilet – *jaw drop* Nate just agreed to give this a try. I thought he would say I am crazy. I’m so excited that I’m actually going to run out to her pool and try it RIGHT NOW!! (even though it is 9:30 PM!)
*insert hold music here*
I just went out to Grace’s pool with a large pitcher & my strainer. I used the strainer to be sure I wasn’t bringing leaves and gunk into the toliet.
And now the back of my toilet looks like this:
Simply do your business and dump a full pitcher of water into the toilet bowl. The toilet will flush without needing to use any of the water from the tank. The more water you use, the more powerful the flush.
How did I know this would work? I’ve spent quite a bit of time overseas in areas that required skills like this.
What other things could I use Grace’s pool water for?
I’m linking this to Healthy 2Day Wednesdays at Day2Day Joys.