Green, crunchy, natural… Whatever you call them, they are sooooooo annoying sometimes!
You know what I mean, right?
They can be so obnoxious with their…
- whole foods diets and kids that have never touched white flour or white sugar.
- thrift store outfit that cost about $0.50 and looks way cooler than anything in my closet.
- amber teething necklace wearing & elimination communication trained infants. Yep. I just called out the babies.
- homemade ketchup, soaked grains, and water kefir. What the heck is water kefir anyway!?!?
- homemade laundry detergent. I’m sorry, but I simply do NOT believe you when you say it only takes 1/4 tsp to get your mama cloth clean. Not buying it folks. I’m also not buying mama cloth. No way.
- TV free house and 100% wooden toys that don’t take a single battery.
- grass fed, hormone free beef and organic produce. If you serve someone a meal, but don’t announce that the food is organic, is it still organic?
- beat juice dyed cake frosting.
- home water birth complete with midwife, doula, and half naked husband.
- confessions of eating Chick-fil-a. *rolling eyes* I’ll match your Chick-fil-a meal and raise you an oreo binge.
- cloth diapers, cloth napkins, cloth grocery bags, and especially the dreaded family cloth.
But… *sigh* I want to be them.
Or at least a little bit more like them.
I have a girlfriend who is so beautifully crunchy (and truly not a bit annoying). She uses soap nuts in her laundry. She cans tomatoes like a mad woman in the summer. Her babies are cloth diapered. Her husband gets excited about things like compost bins and rain barrels.
I want to be her when I grow up.
At times I feel like I’m not green enough.
I read other blogs or chat with my girlfriend and think, “That sounds amazing! I want to do that!”
Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that I want to want to do that. Do you know what I mean?
In theory there are some crunchy concepts that sound cool, but the reality is that I’m not making that a priority in my life. Maybe it is because I don’t have the extra money to spend, the time to invest, access to resources, or interest of my husband.
Or maybe I’m just lazy.
Maybe I love my oreos and reality TV too much to be that green.
And that is sooooo annoying.