When Noah was 3 years old, I came up with the idea that he could dress up like a sandbox for Halloween. I have to admit that I was quite proud of myself for this original idea. He looked adorable in his sandbox halloween costume!
DIY Sandbox Halloween Costume
This post contains affiliate links.
- sandbox toys (shovel, sand mold, etc.)
- large sand bucket (optional)
- hot glue gun
- masking tape
1. Cut 2 rectangles out of cardboard. The size needed will depend on the size of the person wearing the Halloween costume.
2. Hot glue sandpaper to one side of each piece of cardboard. I used a very fine grit sandpaper so that it would still look like sand, but it wouldn’t be too scratchy for Noah.
3. I wanted to be able to use the sandbox toys again, so I didn’t want to hot glue them directly to the sandpaper. Instead I suggest putting masking tape on the bottom of the toys. Then apply the hot glue to the tape. When you are done with the costume, you’ll be able to rip the toys off the sandpaper and then peel off the tape. (Here is where you can find the little digger I used.)
4. Use a hot glue gun and ribbon to attach the front and back of the sandwich board. The length and placement of the ribbon depends on the size of the person wearing the costume.
5. Add a large sand bucket as a hat, and you have one adorable sandbox halloween costume!
Want more cheap DIY Halloween costume ideas?
What is your favorite DIY Halloween costume idea?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!