Today I made Noah an adorable (but cheap and easy!) birthday present Halloween costume. It took me less than an hour and turned out really well. Unfortunately, Noah didn’t seem to agree with me.
Thankfully, big sister Grace came to the rescue and happily posed for some pictures for me. The box is kind of too small for her, but you get the idea.
Birthday Present Halloween Costume
- cardboard box
- scissors or utility knife
- wrapping paper
- bow, curly ribbon, or both
1. Pick a box and cut off the bottom, make two arm holes, and a hole for the head.
2. Wrap the paper around the box and fold it into the box to create a nice finished edge along the bottom.
3. Wrap the top of the box like you normally would on the sides of a regular gift and cut away some of the extra wrapping paper around the hole.
4. Make small cuts into the wrapping paper and fold it over into the hole. Tape it down and then do the same with with the arm holes.
5. Add some curly ribbon and/or bow for the top of your little one’s head and you have an adorable birthday present Halloween costume!
If you make this Halloween costume, I would love to see a picture of it! You can post it on my Facebook page.
Want more cheap DIY Halloween costume ideas?
Do you usually make or buy Halloween costumes? What are your favorite DIY cheap and easy Halloween costume ideas?