Welcome to Frugal Photo Friday! This month I am partnering with Crystal, from MoneySavingMom.com. Each Friday we are sharing pictures of simple ways that we save money. This week’s themes are home and decor.
When Grace moved into her “big girl room,” I did several things that saved us money.
1) Wall Decals – I bought these wall decals on Amazon. They were cheaper and easier than painting the whole room. I actually got them for free because I used Amazon gift cards that I earned through Swagbucks. (Haven’t sign up for Swagbucks yet? What are you waiting for!?!?!)
2) Shower Curtain – I struggled to find a curtain that I liked. I wanted the right color purple (it looks almost black in this picture, but really it is a deep purple) and it needed to help block the sunlight. Blackout curtains seemed kind of pricey and I wasn’t finding a color I liked. Then I stumbled into the shower curtains and found exactly what I was looking for! I cut one shower curtain in half to make two curtains. It was exactly what I was looking for and cheaper!
3) Used What We Had – It would have been great to fill her room with the new matching stuff, but instead we are making due with plastic milk crates for a book case and my old twin bed on the floor for a toddler bed.
4) Hand-Me-Downs – Grace is using an old dresser from my grandma. She also has glow-in-the-dark stars on her ceiling that I had when I was a kid!
5) Gift Cards – We used a gift card to Ikea we had been saving to buy the last few things we needed. Grace’s lamp, night stand, sheets, and comforter were all free with the gift card.
Head over to Money Saving Mom to see the savings that Crystal is sharing today.
Now it is your turn to share the simple ways that you save. Share your link below or on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #FrugalPhotoFriday. All of the link-up details and themes for each week can be found here.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah!