Before digital photography, scrapbooks were the only option! I have book after book of printed photos stuck behind plastic protective sheets along with handwritten captions and saved mementos. They are wonderful, yet bulky and time consuming to create.
Creating photo books online quickly replaced my scrapbooking time. I love my photo books! However, as soon as Grace was born, I had a hard time completing them. I was bogged down with picking layouts and backgrounds and captions. Oh my!!
Soon I found myself not doing anything with my photographs. And that is just plain sad.
Then I discovered Chatbooks photo books.
*cue the angels singing*
This post contains affiliate links.
Chatbooks is a super easy (and cheap!) way to automate your photo books.
Here is a general breakdown:
- Download the free app on your smartphone or use the web version on your computer.
- Chatbooks will automatically add your photos to a book. All you need to do is choose if you want them to use your photos from Facebook, Instagram, or your camera roll. (More info about all this later.)
- Once your book has 60 pictures, you will be notified.
- You can edit the book if needed, and it prints 3 days later.
- One book of 60 pictures cost $8.00 and shipping is free.
- Sign up here to get your first book free.
- Pictures are automatically printed with the date the picture was taken.
- You can include captions or not.
- You are not charged a monthly fee. You’ll only be charged when a book reaches 60 pictures and is printed.
I love Chatbooks so much that this isn’t the first time I have written about the service. I highly recommend reading 15 Things You Should Know About Using Chatbooks to Create Photo Books.
When I wrote the article about Chatbooks in June 2015, they were only able to use photos from your Instagram account to create the photo books. Since then there have been some major updates to the app.
Now you can create a Chatbook series with Instagram, Facebook, or your camera roll! That means that you no longer need a specific social media account to enjoy the simplicity of Chatbooks.
3 Ways to Add Photos to Your Chatbooks
1) Instagram – Just like I described in last year’s article, it is really easy to turn your Instagram photos into a Chatbooks series. You can have multiple Instagram accounts go into one Chatbook account. You can also create books based off of a personalized hashtag.
It is also really easy to create a private Instagram account just for Chatbooks. You don’t have to allow anyone to follow you. Then you can post as many personal pictures as you want and enjoy Instagram’s filter options.
2) Facebook – When you connect your Facebook account to Chatbooks, it will ask you if you want to include all of your photos or just select albums.
3) Camera Roll Favorites – Have you ever noticed the little heart icon under your pictures on your iPhone? When you tap the heart (turning it red), that photo is added to a “favorites” folder on your phone. You can choose to create a Chatbooks series of all of your phone’s favorite photos. This is the perfect option for someone who doesn’t share a lot of photos on social media or doesn’t use social media at all.
You can sign up for Chatbooks online or by downloading the free app. However, the camera roll favorites option will only display on your iPhone and not on the website version.
No matter which way you setup your Chatbooks series, you can always add extra photos to your book from your camera roll. Often I will add extra pictures that I didn’t share on Instagram. I’ll add extra pictures from holidays or vacation that I didn’t want to flood everyone’s Instagram feed. Or maybe the extra photos are a little more private, like a picture of Grace outside of her school with her teacher.
Say goodbye to photobook stress, and give Chatbooks a try! Get your first book free by signing up here.
Have you given up on scrapbooking? What are you doing instead?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Simply Rebekah. This post is not sponsored by Chatbooks photo books. Top photo via Pixabay.