I have been part of the green, natural, crunchy (whatever you want to call it!) world for a long time, but for years I avoided trying essential oils. Everyone I followed online sang the praises of essential oils, but I couldn’t get on board. Three years ago I (finally!) gave them a try. Here is my essential oils story.
This post contains affiliate links.
4 Reasons Why I Avoided Essential Oils
1. The cost – Essential oils are a financial investment. Yes, you may save money in the long run if essential oils keep your family out of the doctor’s office and pharmacy. But I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t bring myself to over $100 for a starter kit.
2. The Need to Research – If I did manage to buy a couple oils, how would I use them? Which oils are good for which problems? Where do I put the oils? Do I need to dilute them first? How often can I use them? What about using them on kids? Ahhhh!!! All the research overwhelmed me before I even started.
3. The Conflicting Opinions – When I did manage to do some research, it didn’t take long before I found conflicting opinions and advice. Some say that essential oils are safe to use on babies, and other says you should wait until age two. Some say you can orally ingest oils. Others say you should only apply essential oils topically or diffuse them. Who am I supposed to believe?!
4. Oil Wars – People have passionate feelings about which brand of essential oils they use. Very. Passionate. Feelings. It isn’t uncommon to hear someone say that XYZ brand is the only brand they trust or ABC brand is the only company with pure therapeutic grade oils. It was impossible for me to navigate through the oil war propaganda and make a choice between essential oil companies. Did I need to make a choice?
Despite knowing that essential oils could be a powerful and natural alternative to conventional medicine, I found myself paralyzed by overwhelm.
And then I discovered the thing that would finally convince me to try essential oils.
What Finally Changed My Mind
I was venting all of my essential oil frustrations with a group of like-minded online friends when Meg Tietz, from the Sorta Awesome podcast, told us about Plant Therapy KidSafe oils.
Plant Therapy is an essential oil company much like the other big oil companies out there, but it is their KidSafe line of oils that attracted me. (Keep reading for a promo code.)
Here is what Plant Therapy has to say about their KidSafe oils:
KidSafe by Plant Therapy is the first-ever line of essential oils developed especially for children.
Formulated by Robert Tisserand for children ages 2–10, KidSafe features a variety of synergies and single oils targeted toward specific issues and ailments common in this age range. All are available as 100% pure, undiluted essential oils as well as pre-diluted roll-ons.
As parents ourselves, the Plant Therapy team wouldn’t settle for anything less than absolute safety. That’s why we invited the world’s foremost expert on essential oil safety, Robert Tisserand, to create the KidSafe line. The level of research, testing and quality assurance that we put into developing our KidSafe line is unparalleled in the industry.
And not only are the oils 100% safe for children, they are effective too.
What I Love about Plant Therapy KidSafe Oils
The Plant Therapy KidSafe line launched in 2014. I made my first purchase in August 2015. After using my essential oils for 3 years, I am a big fan.
I purchased the prediluted roller ball options.
I love that…
1. Prediluted oils eliminates any middle-of-the-night hassle. They are quick and easy for me to grab and use, anytime and anywhere. I don’t have to grab a carrier oil, like coconut oil, to dilute the essential oils before I put them on my children.
2. The names of the oil blends are descriptive for how to use the oils. For example: Tummy All Better is good for an upset stomach. Nighty Night is helpful for a sleep, and Germ Destroyer is perfect for any illness.
3. The Plant Therapy KidSafe line is designed for kids. Natural doesn’t always equal safe. I really apperciate these these powerful oils were designed specifically for children. I have confidence that I can use them safely, which is worth a lot.
4. They are affordable. The roller ball options cost $10-$13 each. There is no membership fee or monthly purchase requirement.
What I Have Purchased for My Family
I have purchased the following Plant Therapy KidSafe oils to use in my home.
- Better Than Kisses
- Calming The Child
- Germ Destroyer
- Grow Ease
- Immune Boom
- Nighty Night
- Skin Soother
- Sniffle Stopper
- Tummy All Better
All of the KidSafe line can be found here on Plant Therapy’s website. Plant Therapy offers free 2-5 day shipping in the USA on all orders.
New customers can use promo code SIGNUP10 to save $10 off a $25 or more purchase. Existing customers can save 10% off a $50 or more purchase with promo code 10OFF50.
You can also find Plant Therapy on Amazon.
I am not saying that Plant Therapy is the only essential oil company worth buying from. I actually own oils from several different companies. But Plant Therapy is the reason why I finally gave essential oils a try, and for that I am grateful.
Have you tried Plant Therapy KidSafe oils? Which blend is your favorite?
Disclosure: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This post is not sponsored by Plant Therapy, but it does contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. Top two images via Deposit Photos.