Paying bills stinks. It isn’t fun. Anything that can make the process easier is a plus in my book! My friend Donna is sharing a A Simple System to Track Your Monthly Bills on her new blog. Her new system happens to be exactly how I organize my bills and I think it is such a great method that I wanted to share it with you.
Here are a few of the things that I love about this system:
- It is simple. You don’t need a special software or any computer skills to do it. You don’t even need a computer!
- It is easy to see which bills need to be paid and which ones you already took care of. With just a glance you can tell if you missed a bill or when you need to write the next check.
- My bills have a “home.” This method doesn’t just tell me when to pay my bills, it also gives me a place to keep my bills.
- I can easily track my monthly expenses. It is not difficult at all to sit down & figure out how much we spend each month. This is great if you want to figure out what your average monthly need is for a savings account or emergency fund.
- It can help me send out birthday cards on time! One of my Insane Goals this year is to send out more cards. I could easily use this method to remind me of important dates.
Head over to Donna’s new blog, Pleased To Geek You to learn exactly how to set up your own simple system to track monthly bills.
After you read Donna’s post, I would love for you to come back tell me if you use the same method! If not, how do you organize your bills each month?