Another month has past. Here is how I did with my list of goals last month.
1. Nate & I were successful in accomplishing our hosting goal for this month. We had a fun night with a couple we haven’t seen for over 1.5 years!
2. Grace still loves her Baby Bible time during breakfast or lunch. We are already 1/2 way through the New Testament!
3. I MAILED CARDS!!!! I sent 3 birthday cards and only 2 of them were late! haha! I also sent 2 thinking of you cards. I wish I hadn’t needed to send those. 🙁
4. One night a week I make plans to leave the house and I really enjoyed my “Me Time!” this month. I went to a coffee shop with a girlfriend, stayed in once and enjoyed a long bath and even spent the evening at the hospital with close girlfriends. That last one might not sound like much fun for some “Me Time,” but it was the best way for me to spend my night that week.
5. We had a date night this month! We went to the hospital to visit friends and enjoyed a meal out. We have close friends who’s 4 year old son is fighting for his life against cancer. Hence all the hospital trips this month. Please pray for this family!
6. Nate & I bought our blinds for the downstairs windows and a storage unit for the bathroom! Although the bathroom storage unit is fairly small, it has made a big difference. I am considering our bathroom storage problem officially solved!
7. Grace has been doing a really good job going up & down the stairs. I’m not quite ready to cross that one off the list though, but that is because I don’t really want her doing it all on her own yet. haha! I am doing a much better job of remembering her daily vitamins, but still need to work on a better routine for brushing her teeth in the morning.
8. Nate & I have started a bed time prayer routine.
1. My do-NOT-go-in-there guest room overhaul was pretty impressive, but the room isn’t really done. I still have several boxes in the closets that need to be unpacked from our move this summer. This seems to be a pattern. The master bedroom, bathroom and Grace’s closet are all “half done.” I just need to focus my energy better and then I’ll be able to start crossing more rooms off my list.
2. My devotional time has been nonexistent since early February. If you have a devotional book that you love, please leave tell me about it!!
3. I’ve given up on getting Grace to drink my frozen breast milk from her sippy cup. She isn’t interested in cow’s milk either. I plan to talk to her doctor about this at her appointment this month.
4. No matter how many good choices I make for exercising and limiting sugar, it seems like the bad choices always out weigh them.
My complete list of goals for 2011:
Host Once a Month
Mail More Cards
Organize Our Photographs – Photo books I want to finish in 2011:
- The Year 2008
- The Year 2009
- The Year 2010
- Grace’s First Year Book
- Mystery Book
Create & Follow a Cleaning Checklist
Organize The House – Rooms I want to conquer in 2011:
- Grace’s Closet
- Guest Bedroom
- Master Bedroom
- Mud Room
- Kitchen Steps
- Purchase Patio Furniture
- Pick out & Buy Blinds for all Downstairs Windows
- Stain the Balcony Railing & Deck Lattice
- Hang Pictures
- Solve the No-Coat-Closet Problem
- Solve the Bathroom Storage Problem
Goals for Grace
- Continue to limit her pacifier use to only in the crib & eventually wean from crib use.
- Develop a better routine for giving her a daily vitamin & brushing her teeth in the morning. I just can’t seem to nail down a solid time for this each day.
- Have Grace drink milk from her sippy cup. She currently loves drinking water from it, but isn’t impressed with the frozen breast milk I’ve been giving her.
- Work on her stairs climbing skills so we can get to a place where we feel comfortable with her going up & down the stairs on her own.
- Have devotions from her “baby” Bible.
Personal & Spiritual Goals
- Drink more water.
- Exercise at least a little!
- Eat more fruit instead of sugar & chocolate.
- Read daily devotions.
- Increase personal prayer time & prayer time with Nate.
- Schedule more time for myself.
- Schedule monthly date nights with hubby.
Each month I will check in and let you know how I’m coming on my insanely long list of goals. I hope that with you keeping me accountable that I’ll be able to accomplish great things this year!