Gift cards are fun to receive, easy to give, and annoying to wrap. A simple Internet search will bring up tons of creative ways to wrap gift cards according to the theme of the gift, but…
What if you just want to throw it in a box, slap some wrapping paper on it, and call it done?
This post contains affiliate links.
10 Ways to Wrap Gift Cards with Stuff You Already Have
1. Food Boxes – If you are a sample loving junkie like me, then save some of the boxes your samples get mailed in or look in your pantry for any food box that could be emptied.
2. Greeting Card Boxes – I like to buy boxed gift cards because they are cheaper. The boxes work great for small gifts like gift cards.
3. Medication/Band Aid Box – Look through your medicine cabinet and you’re sure to find the perfect size box for your gift card.
4. Chewing Gum Sleeve – Wrap the gift card in tissue paper and then slide it into an empty chewing gum sleeve. This makes the gift card super easy to wrap.
5. Baby Food Jar – Large baby food jars are great for paper gift certificates. Add some extra fabric or paper on top with ribbon to dress it up. I’ve shared other baby food jar gift wrap ideas here.
6. Mason/Canning or Other Food Jar – In reality almost any jar would do. Make sure the food jars have been fully cleaned out. Since jars can be hard to wrap, line the inside of the jars with tissue paper, and cover the lid with fabric or paper.
7. Toilet Paper Tube – This is my favorite idea! Slip the gift card inside an empty toilet paper tube, wrap it up with tissue paper, and add ribbon on the ends.
8. CD Case – Remove all the labels and inserts from a CD case and slip your gift card inside. You can get really creative and make your own cover for the CD.
9. Coffee Mix Tin – These coffee mix tins are great for storing and organizing all kinds of things. Even a gift card fits inside for easy wrapping.
10. The Biggest Box You Can Find to Throw Off the Recipient – It is fun to leave people guessing. Throw some rocks in the box for extra weight and really throw them off.
Did you know you can buy gift cards for different restaurants and retail shops on Amazon?
Amazon truly seems to have it all. From last minute gift cards you can email, to multi-packs of gift cards, to normal gift cards to Amazon and tons of other places, you can buy them all here.
Do you wrap gift cards? I would love to hear your ideas!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a commission.