We have officially survived our move! Everything was out of the apartment and into the new house in less than two hours. It all went so well. Now that we’ve been living here for 23 days we are certainly feeling more comfortable, but it truly takes time and memories to turn a house into a home. Our apartment was home for about five years! Undoubtedly, it was sad to say goodbye. After we finished cleaning, the three of us went over to take a final look and say farewell to our home. I cried…a lot! I cried and cried as I walked through our empty apartment.
Feb. 2005 – Our first moments in the apartment. June 2010 – Our last moments in the apartment.
In our apartment we:
- Came home from our honeymoon to live as newlyweds.
- Celebrated 5 Christmas holidays.
- Celebrated 10 birthdays between Nate & I and 1 birth!
- Left each day to work 5 different jobs between the two of us.
- Nate earned his Master’s Degree!
- Found out we were expecting our first baby!
- Watched my belly grow and grow and GROW!
- Brought little Grace Renee home from the hospital.
- Enjoyed many of Grace’s “firsts,” such as sitting up, rolling over, sleeping through the night, eating cereal, smiles and giggles!
- Survived a couple major snow storms.
- Killed two mice and one bat.
- Lived next to more than a dozen different neighbors.
- Laughed, cried, giggled and argued.
- Endured an entire year of me taking one picture every day.
- Enjoyed friends visiting from Virginia, Ohio, and Washington DC.
- Packed up and drove/flew off to California, Colorado, Ohio, Virginia, Spain, France, and India.
- Threw up and grew up.
- Became real adults and parents.
- Became a family.
I can’t even begin to imagine what a list for this house will look like in 5 years…