Summer is more than half over! I am glad I wrote our Summer Fun List. It has been good motivation for us to be intentional with our time. Here is how we are doing:
The Big Things:
- Our Cabin Weekend – a Christmas gift
- Visit the “Safari” Zoo – a Christmas gift
- A Day at a Local Children’s Amusement Park – a Christmas gift
- A Week at the Beach – a gift from Hubby’s work associate
- Supper at a Jamaican Restaurant – using a restaurant.com gift card
- Free Concerts at Local Parks
- Baseball Game
The New Things Never Done Before (at least for Grace!):
- Visit Sprinkler Park
- Use a Free Museum Pass
- Picnic in Park
- Finger Paint
- Feed Ducks at Local Park
- Swim at Local Pool
- Bike Rides
- Fly a Kite – Tried and failed! We’ll have to try again.
- Play with Water Table at a Friend’s House
- Wash Car – This is the only “chore” on our list & I included it because I think Grace might think it is fun. I might be wrong. haha!
The Simple Things:
- Swim in Backyard
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Catch Lighting Bugs
- Family Movie Night
- Summer Reading Program at the Library
- Go on Walks
- Visit Local Park
- Picnic in Backyard
- Play in Sandbox at my Sister’s House
- Story Time at Library – This is actually listed 6 times since we signed up for 6 and I thought it would help “fill out” my list. – 3 Done, 3 To Go!
The Ice Cream:
- Have Milkshakes at my Sister’s House
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Plus we have 3 difference ice cream shops listed! – 2 Done, 1 To Go!
19 crossed off!
15 to go!!
How are you doing with your summer fun plans?